No visit to Dubai is complete without delving in the wide sprawling deserts of Dubai, with their undulating sand dunes and shimmery skies. Experience the magnificence and beauty of the golden sands by booking a Dubai morning desert safari excursion to behold the never ending sand sea. In an afternoon of excitement and thrill, onboard fierce and strong 4×4 Land Cruiser SUVs, expert drivers take you dune bashing on a ride that you will never forget.
Afterwards, you can sit back and relax, as you languish in an extravagant Bedouin culture at a desert camp, where you will be treated with a host of awe-inspiring activities. Most desert safaris kick start around 3 PM and last will 10 PM. Most tour companies offer pick and drop from your residence or hotel, and offer you every comfort while you revel in the wide open desert views. Click here to know more about the trip.
However, before booking a desert safari excursion, here are a few tips to make sure that you are well-prepared for your desert safari adventure:
- Wear decent and comfortable clothing. Lightweight tops, shorts, or shirts are acceptable. You might want to think about bringing extra jackets or shawls for when the temperatures drop down after sunset.
- Try to grab an early and light lunch prior to heading out. Most people experience a wave of nausea as their 4×4 roll up and down the sand dunes. The bumpy ride feels worse on a full stomach.
- Since you can frolic in the sands during your trip, you should wear sandals, flip flops, or open shoes, as sand getting inside boots can be highly irritating.
- Don’t forget to cover your skin in sun block, and also bring sunglasses and a hat, as the scorching rays of sun can cause damage to your skin.
- Bring a video camera to capture the mesmerizing beauty and the exciting experience of the desert.
- Always keep some cash in your wallet, so that you can buy some light refreshments at comfort stops along the way. You can also purchase souvenirs from shops, and videos and photos at the camp, taken by an official tour photographer.
- Don’t forget to strap yourself in during the dune bashing activity. The vehicles are government approved, and are outfitted with proper safety features. The drivers are expert professionals and know the desert well.
- As you enjoy sliding down the sandy hills during sun boarding, witness the beautiful sunset across the horizon.